Thursday, June 28, 2012

Johnson Module 2 Blog

                                Mobile Devices and Applications



Roscorla (2012) said “In the next year or so, the Horizon Report suggests that mobile devices and apps as well as tablet computing will enter the mainstream in K-12 education” (p. 1). She also said “Increasingly students want to bring their mobile devices to school” (p. 1).  To that end, schools are cited in the report that have changed policies so students can bring mobile devices and use them as part of the educational process.  I believe the trend toward mobile technologies will increase as more educational institutions K-12 and post-secondary embrace this innovation and the convenience it affords the teaching and learning process.


   

References

Roscorla, T. (May 2012).  Six emerging technologies from the 2012 K-12 Horizon Report.

2 comments:

  1. Anetha,

    I agree that mobile applications and devices are making library's obsolete. I actually never thought about that but it is so true. There really is no need to go to a library anymore!! These devices have definitely made education and research much more convenient!!
    Great Post!!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are totally right that mobile devices are obsoleting libraries. I recently had to go to the library to print a document, as I didn’t have any ink for my printer at home; but prior to that, I can’t remember the last time I’ve stepped foot in the public library. With a laptop with Internet access at my house, an iPad (that is wi-fi and 3G capable) and an iPhone, there is no need for me to have to go to a library because I have instant access to the same sources of information that one would find in a library. It’s really amazing to see how technology has changed (evolved/advanced/increased) in my 29 years of living. I remember having to go to the library and flip through the card catalog to find books to complete a report in middle school, and being introduced to the Internet in high school. Now, the card catalog is another thing of the past!

    Also, as you stated and something that I included in my tetrad of mobile devices is that they’ve made the process of communication and collaboration easier and quicker.

    Good post.

    ReplyDelete